<$BlogRSDUrl$>
|

3/19/2009

MOBA 

The Museum of Bad Art is the world's only museum dedicated to the collection, preservation, exhibition, and celebration of bad art in all its forms.

I love art...and apparently, I also love bad art. They don't update their website often, but I could read their descriptions about once every 3 months and start tinkling myself all over again. Here are a few of my favorite pieces from their collection...


Mama and Babe
The flesh tones bring to mind the top shelf liqueurs of a border bistro. With an astonishing emphasis on facial bone structure, the artist flirts with caricature and captures features of Mamma's face which remind us of a Presidential candidate. The upright marionettish pose of the babe hints that the early bond between mother and child is as formal as it is familiar. Good old fashioned parental respect is at the center of this celebration of color and contour.


Think Again
This disturbing work "makes an offer you can't refuse". The chilling, matter-of-fact manner in which the subject presents the severed head to us is a poignant reminder of just how numb we have become. The understated violence implicit in the scene speaks volumes on our own desensitization, our society's reflexive use of force, and the artist's inability to deal with the hindquarters of the animal.

Should I ever find myself in Needham, Massachusetts...I'm so there.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?