<$BlogRSDUrl$>
|

12/08/2008

Rock Snot 

We had the opportunity to go to the Charleston Celebrity Chili Cookoff on Saturday.

Mmmmmm, all inclusive chili, beer, and oysters.

Wait...

Mmmmmm, all inclusive chili and beer.

I just can't "mmmmmm" for the oysters. I know it's a coastal kinda thing, but you see my friend, in the Midwest, we raise and eat animals...we don't go diving around for briny rock snot.

It just doesn't look like the kind of thing that should be ingested unless you are the unlucky recipient of a double-dog-dare. Of course, at which point, it must be eaten.

So, in an effort to be less of an all-around wiener...I ate an oyster. Right there at the harbor. Fresh from the sea.

And it was DELICIOUS.

You see what you miss if you're not willing to try things? My triumphant moment was even captured on tape...



So I lied. It...uhhhh...wasn't good. Call me a wienie.

UPDATE: So there actually is a video, but YouTube doesn't have it processed yet. Punks.

UPDATE II: There's a video!

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?