<$BlogRSDUrl$>
|

6/27/2008

Uber. Dork. 

Isn't it a sad realization when you look back a few years and recognize that you were nowhere near as bad ass as you thought you were?

Geez.

We were eating dinner and I commented on the lack of Baker's Squares in the area (it's a restaurant chain in the Midwest that primarily sells pie).

I love pie. It's what we did after school...before and after games...on weekends. We ate pie. When I was telling this to Seth, I could see that an odd look was coming over his face.

Pie?

It was then that I realized that eating lots of pie was not as bad ass as I thought it was.

My mind's eye flashed forward to me lecturing my future children about recreational drug use...

"Back in my day, we didn't get high...we ate pie."

It's not bad enough to have been a dorky adolescent. ...I'm also destined to be an embarrassment of a mother who attempts to lecture through rhyme.

I guess if I'm going to be a nerd, I might as well be consistent about it.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?