<$BlogRSDUrl$>
|

1/31/2008

Everything sounds funnier with a Southern accent... 

Where I come from, if someone looks disheveled and tired, you might refer to that person as a "hot mess."

I have to say that I really enjoy what appears to be the equivalent of that phrase here in the South. I've heard it before, but saying it with the Southern accent gives it a sense of authenticity that I haven't previously witnessed.

"Damn, that girl looks like she was rode hard and put away wet."

Ouch.

It's of course, a term for riding horses. If you don't give a horse a little rub down, remove the saddle, and cool him off after riding, it means that you've "put him away wet."

But I'll be damned if I just don't titter like a school girl every time I hear someone say it. Hysterical.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?