<$BlogRSDUrl$>
|

7/08/2007

Fruity Rhinoceros Snot... 

Hi everybody!

Hey, I'm alive...and almost ready to get back into the swing of my blog.

There are lots of good things going on, although I'd think twice about posting them here...but we'll see what happens.

I'm still into the running thing. I found a nice little abandoned stretch of highway that they've 'converted' into a path for cyclists and runners. It's in the middle of a swamp and littered with signs that say "watch out for bears, squirrels, and butterflies!"

Back the truck up...

*beep beep beep*

Bears?

I have all the confidence in myself to outrun rabid butterflies...and maybe I could even give a crazy flesh-eating squirrel the slip. But *ahem* bears?

Never been a big fan of bears.


"AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! A BEAR!"

I think it all started with that scary ass animatronic toy: Teddy Ruxpin. Sure...it was all fun and games until Teddy Ruxpin's circuits got a little screwy and he started speaking in tongues. What's that, Teddy? Did you say, "Paul is dead?"

*shudder*

So anyways, I've finally gotten to the point where I need some form of sustenance on my long runs. Mmmmm, sustenance in the form of rhinoceros snot.



These gel packs are so vile that words aren't appropriate to describe them.

Warmed by the heat of my own body, the gel slides down my throat in the sticky, sweet lump. Uggggghhhhh.

I'm going to attempt a few different flavors, just to see if Tangerine Snot isn't my cup of tea. Next up, Chocolate Bile...then Raspberry Cream Phlegm.

I want to give the gels a fair shake and even try to get used to them if they'll be available for me on race day. But I have to say...after downing one of those bad boys, I start looking for a bear to put me out of my misery.

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?