<$BlogRSDUrl$>
|

11/24/2006

Saying Goodbye to my First Love... Forever... 

Well folks, I told you that I was going through some major life changing events. I think I'm finally ready to share.

This is the first part. This is the story and events leading up to what was one of the most difficult experiences of my life. It's hard to say goodbye, especially to my first love.

I'm really not sure what to say about him. Our initial meeting was like a blind date, and not exactly love at first sight. I got a few vital stats and agreed to meet him on a clear autumn evening. That first night was really just going to be about getting to know each other...I had no idea I'd be taking him home with me. I'm just not that kind of girl.

While I can't really ever point to a time in my life that I was attracted to him, what grew between us was a relationship built on loyalty and friendship.

For example, he was a true friend. He was always there to take me shopping, or for a quick drink when I needed it. He was there for me.

Our hottest times were in the summer. I can recall times when I was almost delirious from the heat of his body. As long as I walk the earth, I'll never forget those summers we spent together.

...then...after years of friendship...he started ailing. Bodily fluid would ooze unexpectedly from every orifice.

I lovingly sponge-bathed him in his twilight years. I just wanted to show some affection to he who had given me so much. But then I recognized that I was just holding on to the past. It was time to let him go.

He was donated and sold at auction. His proceeds will benefit the Y-Me National Breast Cancer Organization: Chicago Division

So long, old friend.



Tomorrow, Part II: Opening My Heart and Learning to Love Again

|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?